Juventus are interested in signing Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey according to the club’s sporting director Fabio Paratici.
Ramsey is expected to leave the north London club at the end of the season, with the Welshman reportedly in talks with a host of top European clubs.
Why do Juventus want Aaron Ramsey? Five things to know…
- Aaron Ramsey’s contract expires next summer and Arsenal have revoked their last contract offer.
- Under new manager Unai Emery, he has started only eight league games.
- But no Arsenal player has been subbed on more times than this season than Ramsey (10).
- He also created more Premier League goals than any player at Arsenal, with six assists.
- Juventus have made a habit of poaching Premier League midfielders as free agents; last summer they brought in Emre Can from Liverpool.
Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici has revealed that the reigning Serie A champions are interested in bringing the Arsenal midfielder to Italy.
Paratici told reporters: “[Ramsey] is a great player, we really like him and he plays for a great team.
“His contract is expiring and we’re always alerted to situations that the market offers, so we’ve also been alerted to Ramsey.”
How will Arsenal replace Aaron Ramsey?
Having spent over a decade in the famous red strip of Arsenal, Ramsey has scored 62 goals in 355 appearances for the club, making him one of the highest-scoring central midfielders in the club’s history.
He also scored the winning goal in two of their three recent FA Cup finals wins.
However, this season his role has been reduced to that of an impact sub, so his departure should have less influence as to how Emery’s starting XI shapes up beyond next summer.
One potential replacement Arsenal are said to be considering is Sevilla midfielder Ever Banega. The playmaker previously worked with Emery in La Liga and is reportedly available for £18 million.