Marcelo’s wife has posted a cryptic message on Instagram amid speculation linking the Brazilian with a move to Juventus.
To date, the Brazilian has made 476 appearances for Los Blancos, winning four La Liga titles and four Champions Leagues in 12-and-a-half seasons at the club.
Marcelo off to Italy? Five key things to know…
- Marcelo has enjoyed immense success during his 476-game stay with Real Madrid.
- The Brazilian played an integral part in Real winning four Champions Leagues in the past five years.
- That run was ended, however, against Ajax on Tuesday, with Marcelo benched for the 4-1 humbling.
- Marcelo’s wife, Clarice Alves, posted a motivational quote on her Instagram post while at the Bernabeu.
- The 30-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to Juventus in recent months.
However, the 30-year-old was benched as Real were humiliated 4-1 at home to Ajax on Tuesday and following the game, his wife and actress, Clarice Alves, posted a motivational quote on her Instagram page, with her location showing she was at the Bernabeu at the time.
“Know your worth,” it read.
“When someone treats you like you’re just one of many options, help them narrow their choice by removing yourself from the equation.
“Sometimes you have to try not to care, no matter how much you do. Because sometimes you can mean almost nothing to someone who means so much to you.
“It’s not pride – it’s self-respect. Don’t expect to see positive changes in your life if you surround yourself with negative people.
“Don’t give part-time people full-time position in your life. Know your value and what you have to offer, and never settle for anything less than what you deserve.”
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
“Marcelo is not for sale”
At his peak Marcelo has been widely regarded as the best left-back in the world, which has led to him being linked with a move to the likes of Juventus.
However, when the links first emerged, Real Madrid manager Santiago Solari was quick to deny any potential deal, stressing Marcelo’s importance to the club.
He said: “Marcelo is our second captain, 100 percent ‘madridista’ and we look for everyone’s best version”.